Let's compare Mr. Johnson and Mr. Perez.
- Hits lefties well: .364 wOBA, 119 wRC+ (career numbers)
- Absolute liability against righties: .308 wOBA, 81 wRC+
- Wildly overrated fielder: His UZR over the last 4 years = 3.2 runs saved.
- TOTAL PACKAGE: Replacement level, at best.
- Killed the minors from 2006-2008: 128 steals, and a near .370 wOBA.
- Hurt in 2009: Injured his wrist and missed nearly the whole season.
- Rough 2010: Coming back from his injury, Perez struggled, having his worst offensive season, yet with a BABIP ~.120 points lower than his minor league norm.
- Speed, speed, speed: Perez is a killer base-stealer and a lightening fast fielder, rating well above-average in both categories.
- TOTAL PACKAGE: Above average 4th outfielder and pinch runner, with some good potential.
Image source: Eric Kilby.