The NBA Is BACK!
Fitz and The Tantrums have been anointed as our "house band." Kind of like Jimmy Fallon and The Roots. Similar... but different.
After five months of "negotiation," the players union and NBA owners have reached a tentative agreement that will return our NBA on Christmas Day (with a great gift of Heat v. Mavericks in Dallas). They will play sixty-six games in 3.5 months.
The Bulls remain, for the most part, the same team as last year so the same questions remain:
- Do the Bulls have enough offensive firepower to get past the Heat?
- Will the Bulls trade for a legitimate shooting guard?
- Will we be cursing Carlos Boozer every time he touches the ball?
- Will Taj Gibson progress as a backup and will we be clamoring for him if Carlos Boozer struggles?
- Will Derrick Rose's narrative lead him to repeat as NBA MVP or will players like Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, or Dwight Howard win the MVP award?
- Will I get to see fellow Marquette alum, Jimmy Butler, play some shut down defense on Lebron James?
- Will the Bulls FINALLY retire Dennis Rodman's number (seriously, what more does a man have to do to get his number retired)?